REvolution for realz
Monday, October 29, 2012
God has a sense of humor…all week I’ve been blogging about power loss, here comes hurricane Sandy to mess with the whole east coast of the US. I’m blogging today while I still have power, but this may Be a slow blogging week.
Everything up til now has been hypothetical but as a survivor of Hurricane Andrew, here are some tips
1. Food water flashlights, duh you already have this
2. Play it sAfe. During the storm if you hear the popping noise of breaking glass, don’t go investigate. Wait. Your home.may suffer more damage, but you’ll be safe. Insurance covers everything, including your life, but you’d rather not have your loved ones go there, right?
3. The safest place in your home is windowless room on the 1st floor toward the middle of the houses. The bathroom is best. If you have a bathroom with a tub, that’s even better. The pipes are anchored deep in the ground, and the whole house can blow away around you, but the bathtub tends to stay put.
4. In a storm like Sandy, trees crashing through your house are the biggest fear. Since there’s no predicting which trees will fall and in what direction, there’s not much you can do here. Maybe don’t sleep in the Attic bedrooms.
5. Storm aftermath. FACT: more people were killed after hurricane Andrew then during. Accidents involving chainsaws, heart attacks etc.. We’re the real danger. Know your limitations.
6 if you are more than 6 months pregnant consider checking yourself into the hospital For the night. The barometric changes can cause early labor. There are a lot of 20 year old Andrews running around Miami.
Thats it, stay safe everyone.